About this guide: Our Verge wallet guide will show you the best wallet to store your Verge (XVG) coins. We will show you how to setup your Verge wallet and how to use it.
What Is The Verge Electrum Wallet?
Verge has its own blockchain, so it won’t be compatible with the likes of MyEtherWallet. TotalCrypto recommends using the official Verge Electrum Wallet. This wallet is designed specifically to store Verge and has the endorsement of the official Verge team. This free open source wallet is compatible with Android, OSX, Windows, and Linux. For those wanting an IOS version of the wallet, we are afraid you will have to hang in there a little longer.
How To Setup
The first thing you need to do is to go to the official Verge site to download the wallet.
Take control of your XVG coins! Get your FREE Electrum wallet now!
- Select the Electrum wallet for your operating system (Android, Linux, OSX or Windows).
- Once your download is complete, open it and you should see Electrum-XVG-Tor.
- When you try and open the file, you will get a message saying it’s from an unidentified developer. To open it on MAC you need to go to system preferences > Security & Privacy and click “Open Anyway”.
- When you open the file you will see an installation wizard. Select create a new wallet and standard wallet.
- You will then see 8 words generated. This is your wallet seed and these words can be used to regain access to your wallet if you need to. Make sure you write these down and store in a safe place. Once you have that covered, click next.
- Next, you will be asked to create a password. The trick is making sure it’s a super strong one, as this will protect your wallet.
- Your wallet will then be generated and the next step is to backup your wallet private keys. This will ensure that you can access your wallet when you need to. To do this select wallet > Private keys > export.
- The wallet will then create 26 addresses, each with a private key. Select either JSON or CSV (whatever you wish)
- Once you have saved your private keys, it is probably best to print these out and delete the data from the file, save over it and delete it from your computer.
How Do I Use The Verge Electrum Wallet?
To use Electrum you will need to know how to send and receive funds. We will show you how:
How To Receive XVG Into Your Wallet?
Simply click the receive tab to see your XVG public address. We normally select the option that the payment request never expires. Once done, click save and share the address with the sender, then just sit back and wait for them to do their thing.
How To Send XVG From Your Wallet?
Click the ‘send’ tab when logged into Electrum, enter the recipient address and the amount and then hit send.
You should now be ready to store your Verge (XVG) in your own wallet and know how to receive/process funds. For now, stay safe and anonymous guys.