Our STEEM wallet guide will show you how to set up a STEEM crypto wallet and how to use it.
What Is The STEEM Wallet?
The official STEEM wallet is automatically created when you set up a Steemit account. The wallet on Steemit has been specifically designed to store STEEM cryptocurrency and what’s even better is that it’s completely free. Through this wallet, you will also have the option to earn interest on your holdings by converting your coins to Steem Power. The wallet can also be used on any device and the added bonus is that you get to check out the world’s largest blockchain social media platform whilst you are at it.
How To Setup
The first thing to do is to head over to the Steemit website and create an account.
Steemit Key Facts
- Account creation also generates a Steem wallet.
- The largest blockchain based social media platform in the world.
- Join a community of over 950,000 people and counting.
- Earn cryptocurrency for your social contributions on the Steemit platform.
Join the social media revolution today & get your free Steem wallet!
Once you have created your Steemit account, you can find your wallet by:
- Logging into your account.
- Clicking your profile icon and you should see ‘Wallet’ in the dropdown.
- You should then be able to view your Steem wallet.
How To Receive Funds In Your Wallet?
To send STEEM to your Steemit wallet you will need to supply the sender with two pieces of information:
- Your Steemit username – This is your wallet’s receive address.
- STEEM Withdrawl MEMO.
When sending funds to a Steemit wallet it is recommended to always use a STEEM withdrawal MEMO. To find this simply:
- Login to your Steemit account.
- Hit your avatar icon and select ‘wallet’
- Then click ‘permissions’ – this will reveal your MEMO address and it will always start with the letters STM’.
How To Send Funds From Your Wallet?
To send funds from your wallet, simply navigate to your wallet on Steemit and click on ‘transfer’.
You will then be asked to enter the recipients Stemmit username and to add a MEMO. Just enter the details and click ‘next’ to process the transaction.
You should now be armed with your new Steemit wallet and know how to use it. Whilst you are on Steemit, it is worth checking out this new social media platform. If you contribute you can even earn more STEEM!
Best Apps To Track Your WAN Coin Investments