- MCO -2.04%
- Coin Supply: 315,877
- 24H Vol: $0
|Top Monaco Wallets|
|The Ethos Wallet||Get|
|Top Monaco Exchanges|
MCO Coin: In-Depth Crypto Guide 2018
Most cryptocurrency investors will know that it’s incredibly difficult to spend or convert crypto holdings into regular currency. Our MCO coin review will explain how this project is solving that problem, how it works and why you might want to invest in MCO coins.
What Is MCO?
The first thing to know is that MCO was formerly known as Monaco. It’s exactly the same project and team, just rebranded as MCO.
So, what is the MCO project all about? In a nutshell, the team is trying to make it simpler to use and access cryptocurrencies and to reimagine crypto financial services. There are two elements to the MCO ecosystem:
- The MCO Platform: made up of a crypto Visa card and wallet app.
- Financial Services: the provision of investment and credit products.
On the MCO platform side of things, a crypto Visa card will enable users to spend their cryptocurrency in the real world. Essentially, if a shop accepts Visa you will be able to spend your cryptocurrency there. The MCO wallet app will allow you to exchange, buy, store, send and monitor different cryptocurrencies, all with the convenience of a single mobile wallet.
In terms of MCO financial services, the first part is called ‘Crypto Invest’. This will essentially work like a tracker fund and allow investors to buy a basket of different cryptocurrencies. Think about how much time it takes to buy and store the top 25 cryptocurrencies. With ‘Crypto Invest’, such problems should become a thing of the past. We imagine that the simplicity of this product will prove exceptionally popular with newer cryptocurrency investors.
The final financial service is called ‘Crypto Credit’. This will enable customers to deposit their crypto with Monaco and use it for collateral. In return, the user will get credit to spend on their Monaco Visa card.
Monaco Visa Card: What’s The Point?
Have you ever gone out to try to spend your crypto in the real world? If you have, you will probably know that’s it’s close to impossible. The truth is that very few shops accept cryptocurrency as a payment method. This means that if you want to spend your hard earned cryptocurrency gains, you will probably need to use a crypto exchange to send funds your bank account. The problem with this is that it could take up to five working days for the funds to hit your bank account and be ready to use. That’s a long time and this makes it exceptionally inconvenient to spend cryptocurrency. The Monaco Visa card solves all these problems and allows you to spend your crypto in any shop accepting Visa.
If you travel abroad frequently, you will know that credit card companies love to rip you off by charging high exchange rate fees. Incredibly, some credit card companies have been known to charge up to 8% of the purchase price to convert currency. What’s even worse, is that many credit card users are not getting any benefits to justify these high fees.
The MCO card aims to solve these problems by offering a pre-paid Visa card to customers. Cardholders will enjoy the following benefits:
- A really cool metal card that has no annual fee.
- A maximum of 2% cashback paid in cryptocurrency.
- Benefits such as Airport Lounge Access for special cards.
- Overseas payments will be converted at the interbank exchange rate.
Which Is The Right MCO Card For You?
There are six different Monaco Visa cards offered right now. Anyone can get the Midnight Blue card for free. This entry-level card is ideal for casual cryptocurrency spender and infrequent traveler. It should be noted that there are no rewards for this card and only $200 per month can be withdrawn for free from an ATM. Cash withdrawals after this will be charged at 2% and only $2,000 per month will be exchanged at the actual inter-bank exchange rate.
There are another five premium cards that are available after you to stake MCO coins in the Monaco wallet for 6 months. The more you stake the better the card you get. Seeing that the current price of MCO coins is $4.67 this means that you can get:
- The Ruby Steel Card: For staking around $250 worth of MCO coins.
- Royal Indigo or Jade Green Card: For staking around $2,500 worth of MCO coins.
After the six month staking period, you can do what you wish with your Monaco coins and have the option of selling them on an exchange. However, if you want to keep on enjoying the card features you must continue to stake your MCO coins.
Outside of cryptocurrency whales, it seems unlikely that anyone is going to lock up $25,000 or $250,000 worth of MCO tokens. This means the Obsidian black and Icy White cards will only be used by the very richest crypto investors. However, if you see one being used, you now know how much it cost to get.
What’s The Best Monaco Card?
For regular cryptocurrency investors, the highest level card most of us will aspire to is probably the Indigo or Green card. The best Monaco Visa card for you will certainly depend on how you intend to use it.
- The Casual Spender: If you are unlikely to spend your cryptocurrency and want a card ‘just in case’ you need to spend your crypto. Then the Midnight blue card is probably the card for you.
- Ruby Steel: Is ideal for anyone that has a holding of MCO coins in their cryptocurrency portfolio and wants the added benefit of a crypto card. The card is also ideal for those that take a holiday or two a year and want to reduce exchange rate fees by spending their crypto. A free ATM withdrawal limit of $400 per month should be enough to cover last-minute shopping sprees.
- Royal Indigo & Jade Green: These cards are ideal for anyone who is likely to want to spend their crypto on a semi-frequent basis. These cards are the lowest tier that gets airport lounge access. This means that if you are a frequent traveler and want the cheapest way to get access to this perk, then either of these cards is for you.
Unfortunately, we do not have $25k or $250k to stake in MCO coins, so we are unable to tell you how good the Crypto Concierge service is. We do expect this will be an excellent and first class service. Maybe one day we will be able to tell you how it is.
The MCO Wallet App
The MCO cryptocurrency wallet allows users to hold seven different fiat currencies and buy or sell five cryptocurrencies. Balance top-ups can be done through debit or credit card deposits. Bank transfers will also be supported. A neat feature of the app is that cryptocurrency transactions can be sent between MCO wallet users for no fee at all.
The MCO wallet is also a coin tracker that allows you to easily monitor the price movements of over 200 cryptocurrencies. If you want an MCO premium card, you need to download the wallet to stake your Monaco coins in.
- Deposit Method: Crypto, debit & credit card.
- Buy Crypto Directly Through The App: Bitcoin, Ethereum, MOC, Litecoin & Binance Coin.
- Get Premium MCO Visa Cards: Stake MCO coins and get access to exclusive Visa cards.
- Portfolio Tracker: Monitor over 200 cryptos on the app.
- Fiat currency support: Seven major fiat currency balances are supported.
Why Not Try Out The MCO All-In-One Wallet Today?
MCO Crypto Invest
The truth is that many people find choosing and managing cryptocurrency investments incredibly complicated and time-consuming. Indeed, it much easier to buy a stock than it is to buy and store a cryptocurrency. Even though buying stocks is quite straightforward, most people generally still prefer to use a fund manager to choose and manage their investments for them. MCO Crypto Invest allows customers to choose between three different portfolio types and take care of things like rebalancing the portfolio for different market conditions. This means investors can focus on simply monitoring their portfolio performance, instead of having to make hard cryptocurrency investment decisions.
The Monaco Crypto Invest product is perhaps one of the easiest ways to invest in cryptocurrencies. Even better, fees are only payable on profit, rather than funds invested. This means that if Crypto Invest doesn’t generate a return, you won’t pay any fees. We think that this attitude to fund management is the way forward. After all, why should someone charge a fee for losing your money?
To get started, all you need to do is to deposit Bitcoin from your MCO wallet and choose the portfolio that meets your needs. Then sit back and monitor your portfolio’s performance.
- Minimum Investment: Invest with as little as $20.
- Withdrawals: Get your money back at any time.
- Easy To Invest: No Crypto knowledge is required.
- Fair Fees: Fees are only payable on profit.
- Simple Diversification: Invest in multiple cryptos with one click.
Why Not Try The Easiest Way To Invest In Cryptocurrency?
MCO Crypto Credit
The Monaco ‘Crypto Credit’ product works in conjunction with the MCO Visa card. To put it simply, you put up either MCO coins or Bitcoin as collateral and Monaco give you credit on your MCO Visa card. If you cannot pay back the credit, then your collateral is used to pay off the remaining balance.
So how much credit can you get? Well, it depends on if you use MCO coins or Bitcoin as collateral.
- Bitcoin: If you use Bitcoin, you will be extended a credit line of 40% of the value of the Bitcoin,
- MCO Coins: Use Monaco coins as collateral and you will get 60% of their value as credit.
Rates are of course subject to change. However, one thing is clear: You will get a preferential rate by using MCO coin as collateral.
A fair question is why would anyone use the credit product? Essentially, it gives cryptocurrency investors the ability to make purchases in fiat currency and still retain ownership of their crypto. A customer with a credit line can pay this off in fiat currency and continue to have exposure to the cryptocurrency markets in the meantime.
What’s The MCO Coin Used For?
MOC coins are used in a variety of ways in the ecosystem:
- Coins must be staked to receive the benefits of premium Visa cards.
- Customers wanting to use the Crypto Credit service get a 50% better rate using MCO coin as collateral.
- The coin will be used to vote on coins to be added to the MCO wallet.
- New coins listed on the Monaco app may result in airdrops to MCO coin holders.
- Visa card cash back rewards are paid out in MCO coins.
Because the Monaco coin has a fixed supply of 31.6 million, this means that as premium Visa cards get more popular, more and more MCO coins will be being staked. This takes an increasing number of coins off the open market and should see the price increase.
If the Crypto Credit product takes off, customers are heavily incentivized to trade in their Bitcoin for MCO coins and get a better credit rate. It is these two drivers that make up the main demand for Monaco coins in the ecosystem and will dictate future MCO coin prices.
Between them, the Monaco team appear to have all the skills and experience necessary to execute their vision. Today, we’ll just focus on getting into the details of the projects Co-Founders:
Kris Marszalek – CEO: Kris certainly knows how to build and found a company. In the tech space, he has founded and scaled three startups in (mobile LBS app, consumer electronics, and e-commerce). He founded BeeCrazy before eventually selling the business in 2013 for $21 million. Mr. Marszalek’s track record tells us that he has every chance of leading the Monaco team to success.
Rafael Melo – CFO: MCO is a financial ecosystem and it would be somewhat worrying if the team lacked skills in that department. The good news is that they have Rafael with fifteen years of finance, compliance and mobile payments experience. In the past, he has led funding efforts for companies and attracted investment from the likes of Goldman Sachs and BlackRock. He has also held the position of CFO for a MasterCard incubated payment solutions company.
Gary Or – CTO: Gary has spent the last nine years in the matrix. He is a full stack developer with a deep interest in AI technology. In previous roles, he worked as CTO at companies like EventEXTRA.
Bobby Bao – Head Of Corporate Development: If there is one thing you need to know about Bobby, it’s that he was named in Forbes 30 under 30 in 2018. He has great connections in the cryptocurrency industry and has worked on many high-value acquisitions in the past.
The Future Of Monaco Coin?
Some may call it a coup and genius move, others may brand it as a waste of money. However, Monaco acquired the domain Crypto.com in July 2018 for an undisclosed fee. Many experts have speculated that the domain could be worth as much as $10 million. It will be exceptionally interesting to see how MCO develop this domain in the future. One thing is for sure: The MCO team will have an edge over every single crypto project in the domain department.
The success of the Monaco project is dependent on the success of their Visa card. This is not only the main way into the MCO ecosystem, but it’s the primary way of locking up tokens. For customers to continue enjoying the benefits of their cards, they must stake MCO coins. This takes coins off the open market, which reduces the tradable MCO coin supply. As long as the demand for Monaco cards remains strong, the price of the MCO coin should increase.
If the MCO wallet app increases the number of cryptocurrencies that can be sorted or bought, this will make it a competitor to the likes of Ethos. There is little doubt that a simple solution to buy, sell and store crypto is needed. A comprehensive all-in-one solution could even eat into market share from the likes of Binance. However, all this is dependent on MCO listing and making more cryptocurrencies tradable and storable in the wallet.
The Crypto Credit product also looks to get a market share of crypto lending projects like SALT. Crypto Invest also provides an easy way to get access to a basket of cryptocurrencies. We think it will be interesting to see the demand for this product in the next bull market.
The Monaco ICO
The Monaco ICO ended on the 18th June 2017 and raised a staggering $26.7 million in funding. The ICO token price was $2.89 per MCO coin and 30% of the coin supply was sold. There is little doubt that the project is well funded and it will be exciting to see their Visa cards finally rolled out in late 2018.
Should I Invest In MCO Coin?
- In terms of progress, the project appears to be further along than competitors like TenX.
- Even if the project doesn’t succeed, the domain Crypto.com will still be a very valuable asset (estimates place a $10M valuation on it).
- The all-in-one wallet providing a single easy way to deposit, buy and sell crypto could be a crowd pleaser.
- Cryptocurrency credit lines are big business and this provides further utility and demand for the MCO coin.
- Buying multiple cryptocurrencies is hard and confusing. MCO Crypto Invest takes the pain out of buying crypto. We think this could be exceptionally popular amongst new investors.
- Ultimately crypto needs to be spent to call it currency. Monaco provides a solution that could lead to wider cryptocurrency adoption in the future.
- The MCO cards still have not been shipped.
- Monaco products cannot be said to be truly working products yet. The app essentially allows you to complete the KYC check and reserve a card.
- There have been card delays in the past and crypto card projects have had their cards pulled by suppliers. However, these issues have plagued all cryptocurrency card companies.
- Some say that Monaco shouldn’t have bought Crypto.com with ICO funds.
If you want to invest in MCO coin, just check out our how to buy guide.
It still remains to be seen if Monaco can successfully roll out their Visa card and deliver the ecosystem they have outlined in their white paper. There is still a risk that card issuers will not play ball and if this happens then it’s unlikely that the MCO project will succeed. After all, the Visa card plays such a vital role in the ecosystem and is the main driver behind the MCO coin’s value.
If the Monaco project succeeds, it has the potential to be one of the most valuable ecosystems in cryptocurrency. Not only will it provide an easy way to spend crypto, but it will also provide an easy way for new investors to deposit fiat to buy and store cryptocurrencies. The all-in-one wallet has the potential to be a game changer and compete with the likes of Ethos and Coinbase for market share. Monaco will also differ from competitors by offering an easy way to buy a basket of cryptocurrencies and give access to crypto collateralized credit.
Most people know that cryptocurrency exchanges can make an insane amount of money. If MCO adds a significant number of coins to their MCO wallet app, then the Monaco project could even rival the likes of Binance. Only time will tell if Monaco will succeed. If it does, we have no doubt that MCO coin investors will do very well indeed.
Below we’ve listed some key resources relevant to MCO coin.
🔒 Safest Monaco Coin Cryptocurrency Wallets
The safest way to store your coins is by using a hardware wallet. The two main brands are Trezor and Ledger and we are happy to recommend both. If you need help choosing between the two just read our Trezor Vs Ledger guide.
👛 Best Free Wallets
As MCO coin is a ERC-20 token, you can use any wallet that is compatible with Ethereum. Find our top two choices below:
- MyEtherWallet – if you need help getting started we have you covered with our MEW wallet guide.
- The Ethos Universal Wallet – store over 100 cryptocurrencies in one place.
📈 Best Crypto Tracking App For Monaco Coin
If you want to learn more about the MCO project then we recommend jumping into the MCO whitepaper. Compared to other crypto projects it’s a pretty straightforward read.