So you think that Verge coin (XVG) is a solid investment. You’re going to have two basic questions: How to buy Verge and where to buy it? In this article we will show you our two top ways of buying XVG.
- 1 Are You Too Late To Buy Verge?
- 2 How High Could XVG Go?
- 3 How To Buy Verge – Our Top 2 Ways Explained
- 4 Creating a Coinbase Account
- 5 Coinbase Is Setup. What Now?
- 6 Setting Up A Verge Wallet
- 7 Create a Binance Account
- 8 How To Trade Bitcoin or Ethereum For XVG on Binance?
- 9 How To Withdraw Your Verge From The Binance Exchange?
- 10 Conclusion
Are You Too Late To Buy Verge?
XVG has actually been around since October 2014 and didn’t have an ICO. We must accept that the main use of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are to buy other cryptocurrencies, rather than everyday items. Even today, over a third of UK citizens think that cryptocurrency refers to funeral finance. That’s when you know you are still in the early adopter phase of technology. Most estimates put us down as having cryptocurrency adoption levels of just 1%.
The trend seems to be that more people are taking their privacy and anonymity more seriously. Over 25% of all internet users now use a VPN. As cryptocurrency adoption levels rise and more people become aware of privacy coins like Verge, then it’s likely that their popularity will increase.
Currently, the low levels of cryptocurrency adoption mean that we are still in the first innings for privacy coins like Verge. Indeed, as XVG increases the number of partners that accept Verge and increases the use case of the coin, it is likely that more and more people will be drawn to this crypto.
If Verge can make the right commercial partnerships and the sentiment of government distrust continues to grow, then XVG is well placed to benefit and gain significant traction. As usual, the most important thing is to choose your entry point wisely and acquire coins at a reasonable price, rather than worrying if you are too late.
How High Could XVG Go?
In short, no one knows how high Verge could go or if the cryptocurrency will one day be worthless. With privacy coins, if there is a demand for anonymity and privacy, then its likely there will be a demand for privacy coins.
The trend over the last few years has been for internet users to share as much as possible. After scandals such as Cambridge Analytica and the US removing net neutrality protections, the sentiment looks to be going the other way with less sharing and a greater emphasis on privacy. This sort of market is ideal for privacy coins to prosper.
Honestly, we have no idea how high Verge might go. What we do know is that the Wraith protocol is a major innovation for privacy coins. This allows transactions to be anonymous if they are recorded on either the public and private blockchain. Such innovation places Verge at the forefront of privacy coins, meaning if this type of cryptocurrency is in demand, then we are sure Verge will prosper and reward it’s investors well.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Want expert cryptocurrency knowledge and investment tips delivered straight to your inbox? Just enter your email below.
How To Buy Verge – Our Top 2 Ways Explained
We will show you our two favourite ways to buy XVG. It’s on you to decide if these are the correct options for you.
- How to buy XVG with regular currency (for example; USD, EUR & GBP). To do this you will need to create an account at Coinbase and a cryptocurrency exchange. Unfortunately, there is no method to buy Elecontroneum using a single account.
- Our second method is for those that already own some cryptocurrency and want to trade this for XVG. We will show you the best and simplest exchange to do this.
Buying Verge Coin With USD, EUR or GBP
This way of buying Verge is perfect for those making their first ever cryptocurrency investment. If you want to dip your toes into the cryptocurrency markets with Verge, you will need to create an account at Coinbase and a cryptocurrency exchange. Sounds complicated? Don’t worry, our step by step guide will show you how.
Buying With Crypto
Cryptocurrency veterans that are familiar with Coinbase can just skip anything to do with Coinbase. We know you guys are just interested in what exchange to choose and how to use it.
Creating a Coinbase Account
Coinbase Key Facts
- Established Track Record: Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchange.
- Serious Backers: Venture capital firm IVP, who were involved in the latest funding round, have been early investors in businesses like Netflix and Twitter. Other investors include companies like the New York Stock Exchange.
- Easy To Use: Coinbase is renowned for it’s easy to use interface. This makes it the perfect exchange for cryptocurrency newcomers.
- Small Minimum Deposit: You can invest as little as €6 into cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.
- Regulated: Coinbase is one of the few cryptocurrency exchanges to be regulated.
- Insurance: Customer funds are insured and segregated. US customers are even insured up to a balance of $250,000.
- Deposit Methods: Credit / debit card, bank transfer and PayPal for US customers.
- Tradable Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin.
- Customer Support Methods: Email and FAQ’s.
Looking to invest more than $100 in XVG by using Coinbase? Good news! You will also get $10 FREE by signing up through Total Crypto!
Coinbase Is Setup. What Now?
Good job on setting up your Coinbase account. Sadly, you cannot buy Verge directly on Coinbase and you will need to use a cryptocurrency exchange to buy it. To do this, you need to convert your money into either Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase. Once done, you can trade this for XVG on a cryptocurrency exchange.
The Fast Way To Buy Bitcoin or Ethereum On Coinbase
- Head over to the ‘Buy/Sell’ page on your account.
- Add a payment method to your Coinbase account.
- Choose your deposit method: You can deposit a ‘Bank Account’ transfer – this method has lower deposit fees, but the transfer takes between 2 and 5 days to be credited to your Coinbase account. Or you can deposit instantly through a Credit/Debit card. With either method, enter your payment details and process the transaction to fund your account. Once submitted, sit back and wait for the credit to be applied to your account. You will get an email to telling you when your deposit has been successful.
- Once your account is funded, select Bitcoin or Ethereum in the ‘Buy/Sell’ section of Coinbase.
- Enter the amount of crypto you want to buy.
- Select the currency wallet you deposited funds into as your payment method (we have used EUR in this example).
- Complete your order by clicking buy.
Check out our Coinbase guide if you are interested in buying Ethereum and Bitcoin on Coinbase with the lowest fees possible. It does take a bit more time though and involves transferring your funds to Coinbase’s sister exchange GDAX and buying your crypto there instead. TotalCrypto recommend using GDAX and saving yourself some fees.
Once you have successfully bought Ethereum or Bitcoin on Coinbase, you are ready to move onto the next step.
Setting Up A Verge Wallet
TotalCrypto recommends using the official Verge Electrum Wallet. We think this is the best Verge wallet available and we have prepared a separate article showing you all the steps to set this up.
Create a Binance Account
By now, you should have some Bitcoin or Ethereum in your Coinbase account and have your Verge wallet ready to go. One of the largest cryptocurrencies exchanges to trade XVG is Binance. Binance is actually the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the world and is the ideal place to make your purchase.
Binance Key Facts:
- Largest In The World: Binance is the biggest crypto to crypto exchange in the world!
- Huge Selection Of Cryptocurrencies: Binance offers you the opportunity to get your hands on over 100 different cryptocurrencies. BAT is one of them.
- User Friendly: The crypto to crypto exchange is the simplest we have ever used. We think this has been one of the main factors leading to Binance’s explosive growth.
- Customer Support: Binance offers email multi language support for 🇺🇸 🇨🇳 🇯🇵 🇰🇷
Get Verge on the world’s largest crypto to crypto exchange.
Need help setting up a Binance account? Just checkout our Binance guide.
How To Transfer From Coinbase To Binance?
You should have set up your Binance account by now. Whether you have your Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase or in another wallet, you will have to send your funds to Binance to trade this for XVG.
- Login to your Binance account.
- Select “Funds” and click “Deposit”.
- Make sure that you select Ethereum if you have Ethereum on Coinbase or Bitcoin if you hold BTC. If you send to the wrong wallet you may lose your funds!
- You will then see your deposit address for Binance. Just copy this address. We have used Bitcoin as an example.
- Login to Coinbase and go to the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Click the send button for whatever cryptocurrency you hold.
- Paste your Binance deposit address into the ‘Recipient’ wallet address box and enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Hit continue and finalise the transaction. Your Bitcoin and Ethereum should show up in your Binance account shortly
Got Crypto In Another Wallet?
- Simply send your crypto to your Binance deposit address.
How To Trade Bitcoin or Ethereum For XVG on Binance?
Finally, now is the time to get your hands on some Verge.
- Navigate to the Binance homepage and select ‘BTC Markets’ if you have Bitcoin on Binance or ‘ETH Markets’ if you have Ethereum. Then just search XVG in the search bar and click the XVG/ETH or XVG/BTC market.
- You will then see a trading screen. At first glance it may look tricky but don’t be put off, we will show you what to do. Just select the ‘Market’ tab (this enables you to buy at the market price). Then enter the number of Verge coins you want to buy. You can also use the percentage buttons to use a certain percentage of your balance on Binance to buy XVG.
- Once you have clicked ‘Buy’ your trade will be processed and your Basic Attention Tokens will appear in your Binance account.
How To Withdraw Your Verge From The Binance Exchange?
By now, you should have your Verge on Binance and your XVG wallet set up and good to go. We do recommend you withdraw your XVG off the exchange and store your coins in your own wallet. The reason is that Binance holds a lot of cryptocurrency and is a natural target for hackers. Also, having control of your own crypto is probably better than trusting an exchange to keep your crypto safe for you.
- Go into Electrum and copy your public address.
- Login to Binance.
- Navigate to ‘Funds’ and hit the ‘Withdrawals’ button.
- Select XVG from the dropdown, then paste in your public wallet address and enter in the amount you want to withdraw.
💡 Top Tip: Binance will charge you a withdrawal fee to get your XVG coins off the exchange. Before you withdraw you can check the withdrawal fee here!
There you have it, your two top ways to buy Verge. At TotalCrypto, we are very interested in what the future may bring for privacy coins like XVG. Verge commercial partnerships will be key to the project’s success and adoption. The exciting thing about Verge is it’s potential to partner with companies proving goods/services that people prefer to buy anonymously, meaning that with the right partnership they could achieve rapid mass adoption.
The technology behind Verge looks very interesting and TotalCrypto loves that the Wraith Protocol is so different from what other privacy coins offer. Having transactions recorded on the public blockchain, whilst still being anonymous, should help in adoption of the crypto by businesses. We’ll certainly be following XVG closely.