Do you want to back Asia Innovations Group (AIG) in disrupting online content monetization with virtual gifting? If so, you will need to know where and how to buy Gifto coin. We’ll show you all the steps in our walkthrough.
- 1 Good Time To Buy Gifto Coin?
- 2 Gifto Price Prediction
- 3 Where To Buy Gifto (GTO) Coin?
- 4 Getting Setup On Coinbase
- 5 Coinbase Account Setup? What To Do Next?
- 6 Set up A GTO Coin Wallet
- 7 Getting Started On Binance
- 8 Making A Transfer From Coinbase To Binance
- 9 How To Buy GTO Coin On Binance?
- 10 Sending GTO Coins To Your Ethos Wallet
- 11 Final Thought
Good Time To Buy Gifto Coin?
The Gifto project is still exceptionally new and only held their initial coin offering on 14th December 2017. The thing to know is that GTO raised funding and was first publicly traded on cryptocurrency exchanges during the 2017/2018 bull market. GTO coins were sold at ICO for 10 cents each. Fast forward four days later and they were trading on cryptocurrency exchanges for 28 cents.
GTO coin peaked on the 13th January 2018 and this saw Gifto coin trading at 90 cents each. There are three main reasons why Gifto coin might be worth buying right now.
- At the time of writing, GTO coin is actually trading 12% below its ICO price and is priced at 8.8 cents.
- If you look at the historical snapshots on Coinmarketcap for the 14th of January 2018, you will see that the Gifto project has the 186th biggest market cap. Right now, the project is ranked 117 and it has spent time in the top 100 over the last year too. This means that Gifto is now rated more strongly versus other projects. We expect this to lead to better performance in the next bull market.
- Unlike the majority of cryptocurrency projects, Gifto already has a working product and users. AIG’s Uplive app is phasing in GTO coins and this will eventually mean that 20 million users will be exposed to the crypto. AIG also have another 80 million users on other products and it’s safe to say that they will introduce the majority of these users to GTO coin in the future.
The TotalCrypto team believes that Gifto coin offers an exceptionally interesting proposition for investors right now. It has gained ground in a bear market versus other projects and we expect it to outperform in a bull market.
Gifto Price Prediction
To be frank, no one has a clue where the price of any cryptocurrency is going to go in the future. Right now, there are no widely accepted metrics to value a crypto properly. Quite simply, demand for crypto tokens drive the price and if enough people get excited about a project then the price will shoot up.
Gifto does have the potential to disrupt content monetization and move content creators from the old advertising model. Quite simply, $2,000 in ad revenue per million views on YouTube is not a good return. However, virtual gifting has only really seen success in Asia right now and it is still unknown if it will take off in the West. This being said, Asia is still a massive market and if AIG can increase adoption levels of GTO in this region alone, then the project will still be exceptionally successful.
Another important consideration is whether the Gifto team can actually scale the product and get widespread adoption? The good news is that the Asia Innovations Group already have 100 million users on all their products and 20 million of them are on Uplive (which is integrating Gifto right now). This makes Gifto quite unique: It’s a crypto project with a working product, has a team with experience in gaining 10’s of millions of users and that team are willing to funnel their existing users to the new cryptocurrency solution.
For these reasons, we think GTO coin has a very real chance of long-term success. Put it this way, $40 billion will be spent on online ads in 2018. If Gifto can even grab just a small share of this pie, then the crypto will be very valuable indeed.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Want expert cryptocurrency knowledge and investment tips delivered straight to your inbox? Just enter your email below.
Where To Buy Gifto (GTO) Coin?
Sadly, buying a cryptocurrency like GTO coin is not as easy as it should be. Currently, there is no direct way of buying Gifto through a single account. Instead, you will need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum on an exchange that allows fiat currency deposits. Then you send this to a crypto exchange to can swap your Bitcoin or Ethereum for GTO coin.
Our favorite exchange to convert our Dollars, Euros or Pounds into cryptocurrency is Coinbase. The exchange is the most popular way for newcomers to enter the cryptocurrency market and the platform has been designed to make buying crypto as painless as possible. At TotalCrypto we love simplicity and Coinbase makes buying Bitcoin and Ethereum as easy as possible.
To actually buy Gifto coin, you will then need to send your Bitcoin or Ethereum to a crypto exchange like Binance and then trade this for GTO coin. We know that this seems like a lot of different hoops to jump through. However, there really is no easier way to buy GTO coin right now.
Getting Setup On Coinbase
Coinbase Key Facts
- The Most Popular Way To Enter Crypto Markets: Coinbase has an excellent reputation and has a track record stretching all the way back to 2012.
- Deposit Methods: Card, bank transfer & PayPal (for select countries).
- Beginner Friendly: Coinbase understands that crypto can be tricky for new investors. That’s why they have invested so heavily in making things as easy as possible.
- Fully Regulated: Compliant with all regulation.
- Available Cryptocurrencies: Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic & Litecoin.
Are You Investing More Than $100 In Crypto? Sign Up Through TotalCrypto & Get $10 Free.
Need a step by step guide showing you how to get set up on Coinbase? We have you covered.
Coinbase Account Setup? What To Do Next?
Once your Coinbase account is ready to go, you will then want to buy some Bitcoin or Ethereum. To do this just follow the instructions below:
- Make sure you’re logged into Coinbase and click the ‘Buy/Sell’ button.
- You will then see an option to add a ‘payment method’. Click the button.
- Choosing a deposit method: The cheapest way to make a Coinbase deposit is by using a bank transfer. The downside of this method is that it may take up to five working days for your deposit to hit your account. If you want to get money on the exchange quicker, you can deposit using PayPal or card.
- Once your deposit has been credited to your account, you want to buy some Bitcoin or Ethereum. To do this, click ‘Buy/Sell’ and choose either Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- Enter the amount you want to spend.
- Select the wallet you have deposited money into as the payment option.
- Double check your order and click ‘Confirm Buy’. Your Bitcoin or Ethereum order will then be processed and funds instantly credited to your Coinbase account.
We have shown you the easiest way to buy cryptocurrency on Coinbase above. However, there is a slightly more complicated way to reduce those fees a little bit more. To do this you will have to use CoinbasePro (previously known as GDAX). If you want to take on this extra step, just read our Coinbase walkthrough where we show you how to do it.
Set up A GTO Coin Wallet
Next, set up your Gifto wallet before actually buying your coins on a crypto exchange. The good news is that GTO coin is an ERC-20 token, which means it’s compatible with any Ethereum wallet.
So, what’s our top pick? Well, we would have to go with the Ethos universal wallet. This wallet can actually store over 100 different types of cryptocurrencies and is ultra secure. Also, many cryptocurrency investors end up buying other different cryptocurrencies. This usually means creating additional wallets to store those new coins, with some cryptocurrency investors having to set up and manage a dozen different wallets. We think investing cryptocurrency should be as easy as possible and Ethos provide a solution where you should be able to store all your coins in one place.
Store GTO Coins In A Universal Wallet.
Getting Started On Binance
By now, you should have your Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase and have your Ethos wallet set up and ready to store your Gifto coins. The next thing to do is to set up a cryptocurrency exchange account that you can buy GTO coin on.
So what is the best exchange to buy Gifto coin on? Well, we don’t think you need to look further than the biggest crypto exchange in the world. Binance has become the home of millions of cryptocurrency investors for a reason. Not only do they offer a wide range of excellent cryptocurrencies, they also offer easy to use exchange software and come with a first class reputation. As the largest exchange in the world, it’s not surprising that they have excellent trading volume for GTO coin. This means you will not be hanging around all day to have your order filled.
Binance Key Facts
- The Home Of Crypto Trading: Binance is the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the world.
- Massive Choice: Over 100 cryptocurrencies are available to buy or sell.
- Beginner Friendly: The exchange is beautifully designed and has a simple layout.
- Buy & Sell On The Go: Binance has both Android & iOS apps.
- Deposit Method: Cryptocurrency only.
Buy Gifto Coin On The Most Popular Crypto Exchange.
Need a helping hand getting things set up? Just read our step by step guide on setting up a Binance account.
Making A Transfer From Coinbase To Binance
When you Binance account is set up, the next thing to do is to make a deposit. To do this you will need to transfer your Bitcoin or Ethereum from Coinbase to the Binance exchange. We show you how to do this in the steps below.
Step 1: Finding Your Binance Deposit Address
- Make sure you are logged into your Binance account. Then click ‘Funds’ and choose the ‘Deposits’ option.
- Important: it’s essential you ensure you choose the same crypto you have on Coinbase. Select Bitcoin if you hold BTC or Ethereum if you have ETH. If you send cryptocurrency to the wrong type of address you will probably lose your funds.
- Your Binance account deposit address will then be shown. Copy this to your clipboard.
Step 2: Sending Bitcoin Or Ethereum From Coinbase To Binance
- Login to your Coinbase account and select the ‘Accounts’ button.
- Choose the crypto you own and hit the ‘Send’ button.
- You will then see a form to withdraw your Bitcoin or Ethereum from Coinbase. Paste your Binance deposit address into the ‘recipient address’ box and enter the amount of cryptocurrency you want to send to Binance.
- Once you click ‘Continue’ your funds will be deposited on Binance.
How To Buy GTO Coin On Binance?
Once your Bitcoin or Ethereum deposit has gone through on Binance, the next step is to buy your GTO coins. We’ll show you how to do this in just three easy steps.
- When logged into your account, make your way to the Binance homepage. Here you will see a list of different markets. To find the correct market for GTO coin, you will need to select ‘ETH Markets’ if you deposited Ethereum or ‘BTC Markets’ if you have Bitcoin. Then key in ‘GTO’ into the search bar. You should then see either the ‘GTO/BTC’ or ‘GTO/ETH’ markets. Click on this market.
- The Binance trading screen will then be brought up. To buy GTO coin straight away at the current market price, hit the ‘Market’ button. Then enter the number of Gifto coins you want to buy. You can also use the percentage buttons to use a fixed amount of your Binance balance to buy GTO coins.
- Once you click the ‘Buy GTO’ button your order will be processed and your GTO coins will be added to your Binance account.
Sending GTO Coins To Your Ethos Wallet
You now finally have your GTO coins. The last thing to consider is where you will store them? You should know that many people keep their cryptocurrency on exchanges. However, we strongly recommend you store your GTO coins in your own wallet.
Why bother taking this extra step? Well, cryptocurrency exchanges do get hacked and are big targets for cryptocurrency thieves. This is not surprising given that exchanges typically hold tens of millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency. As Binance is the biggest exchange, that probably makes it the biggest target. Why not play it safe and take control of your own funds?
Only you can decide how to store your crypto. However, if you do want to go ahead and store your GTO coins in your Ethos wallet, here’s how to do it:
- Copy your Ethos public address for GTO coin – if you need a hand finding this just read our Ethos universal wallet guide.
- When logged into Binance, choose ‘Funds’ from the bar at the top of the screen and select ‘Withdrawals’ from the drop-down.
- If you click on the cryptocurrency box, another drop-down will appear allowing you to select GTO coin. Then just paste in your Ethos public address for Dent coin and enter the number you wish to withdraw.
- You will be charged a fee to withdraw your coins from Binance. These change regularly and you can check the latest fees for Gifto withdrawals here.
- Once you press the ‘Submit’ button, your withdrawal will then be processed.
The TotalCrypto Team is exceptionally excited about the Gifto project. Virtual gifting is taking off in Asia and offers content creators a more lucrative way to monetize their work. We have little doubt that content creators get a raw deal on platforms like YouTube and the truth is that the viewers do not want to see ads either.
Gifto offers an alternative to traditional online monetization systems. If virtual gifting is embraced, it should result in more content creators being able to make a living from doing what they love. We think this is great news and should lead to a wider diversity of online content. Also, virtual gifting is much more personal and interactive than just sending a donation through a SuperChat on YouTube.
Asia certainly seems to be embracing the concept of digital gifting. However, we are still not sure if it will take off in the West. We don’t know if the project will be successful. However, the AIG team certainly look to be one of the strongest teams out there in cryptocurrency and we feel they have a decent shot at making Gifto a success.