Got your heart set on buying Digibyte (DGB) and not quite sure how to do it? We’ll show you the easiest place to buy Digibyte and all the steps you need to take.
Where To Buy Digibyte?
DGB is listed on many different cryptocurrency exchanges. However, these exchanges have different degrees of user-friendliness and some are held in higher regard than others. At TotalCrypto we like to keep things simple and prefer to buy our Digibyte at the easiest exchange to use. As such, we recommend using Kucoin to buy DGB. Not only is it one of the top crypto exchanges for altcoin investors, but it is also one of the easiest to use.
The problem is that most altcoin exchanges do not accept regular currency deposits and Kucoin is no different. This means you’ll have to use a fiat currency crypto exchange to buy Bitcoin, then transfer this to Kucoin to buy Digibyte. Annoying, but there is no easier way to get your hands on DGB.
The top gateway into the cryptocurrency markets is Coinbase and the path has been tried and tested by over 21 million cryptocurrency investors. This is maybe no surprise given that Coinbase is commonly known as being the most beginner friendly crypto exchange in the world.
Our simple method to buy Digibyte with regular currency is to create a Coinbase account to deposit your USD, EUR or GBP and convert this into Bitcoin. Then you simply send this Bitcoin to your new Kucoin account and trade it for DGB. It is a bit long-winded, but there is no simpler way to buy Digibyte on a user-friendly exchange that accepts regular currency deposits.
Creating A Coinbase Account
If you already own some Bitcoin or Ethereum and want to use this crypto to buy DGB, then just skip ahead to the Kucoin section of this article. However, if you have not got Coinbase setup yet, using this platform means that you’ll effectively be able to buy Digibyte with Paypal, bank card or bank transfer.
What You Need To Know
- The Top Choice For Entering The Crypto Market: Coinbase has focused on developing a platform that makes it as simple and easy as possible to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Over 21 Million People Have Chosen To Call Coinbase Their Home.
- Fully Regulated: The platform is fully compliant with the necessary regulation.
- Deposit Methods: Buy Bitcoin with PayPal, bank transfer or card.
- Beginner Friendly: Coinbase prides themselves on being the easiest way to buy Bitcoin.
Depositing More Than $100 To Buy DGB? Sign Up To Coinbase Through Us & Get $10 Free!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Want expert cryptocurrency knowledge and investment tips delivered straight to your inbox? Just enter your email below.
Need a bit of help getting setup on Coinbase? Just read our Coinbase setup guide.
What To Do Once Your Coinbase Account Is Setup?
Now that you have created your account the next thing to do is to make a deposit and buy some Bitcoin. Just follow the six steps below and you’ll have your Bitcoin in no time:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Coinbase account and hit the ‘Buy/Sell’ button.
- On the next screen click the ‘Add a Payment Method’ button.
- Next, select your deposit method. Bank account transfers are the cheapest way to deposit on Coinbase and incur no fees. However, this method is the slowest option and it can sometimes take up to five working days for your funds to be credited to your account. PayPal or bank card can be used to deposit instantly. Just be aware you’ll pay ~3.99% to deposit by card.
- Once you deposit has cleared into your account, you will want to buy some Bitcoin. To do this, click the ‘Buy/Sell’ button and select bitcoin.
- Key in the amount you want to spend on Bitcoin and select the wallet you have funds in to process the order.
- Double check your order and click ‘Confirm Buy’.
Do you want to bypass the Coinbase fees to buy Bitcoin? Well, you can if you are happy to jump through a few more hoops. To buy Bitcoin with the lowest fees possible you’ll need to use CoinbasePro (formerly GDAX). We show you how to do this in our Coinbase walkthrough.
Buy Digibyte With Kucoin
You should now have some Bitcoin on Coinbase. The next step is to set up a Kucoin account to enable you to trade your Bitcoin for DGB.
- Massive Choice Of Altcoins: Get access to over 150 cryptos with Kucoin.
- Beginners Welcome: Its simple interface makes the exchange one of the easiest to use.
- Multi-Language Support: The platform offers trading in multi-language.
- The People’s Choice: Kucoin is one of the top choices for altcoin investors.
Buy Your Digibyte At One Of The Most Popular Altcoin Exchanges
Need a hand getting Kucoin setup? Read our walkthrough.
How To Transfer From Coinbase To Kucoin?
Now your Kucoin account has been created, you’ll need to transfer your Bitcoin from Coinbase to Kucoin. We’ll show you how to do this in a few quick steps:
How To Find Your Kucoin Deposit Address
- Make sure you are logged into your new Kucoin account.
- Click ‘Assets’ from the ribbon at the top of your screen.
- Search Bitcoin in the search field and click ‘Deposit’.
- Confirm that you do actually want to deposit Bitcoin into your Kucoin account.
- Copy your Bitcoin wallet address.
Sending Bitcoin From Coinbase To Kucoin
- Once logged into Coinbase, click on the ‘Accounts’ button at the top of your screen.
- Then hit the ‘send’ next to your Bitcoin wallet.
- Paste the Kucoin Bitcoin deposit address you have copied to your clipboard and key in the amount of Bitcoin you want to transfer.
- Click the continue button and you Bitcoin will be sent to your Kucoin account.
Time To Buy Digibyte On Kucoin
Now your Bitcoin deposit has been credited to your Kucoin account, it’s time to get your DGB. We’ll show you how in five simple steps:
- Login to Kucoin and head to the homepage by clicking the Kucoin logo in the top left of your screen.
- Scroll down the homepage until you see the ‘Markets’ section and click the blue ‘More’ button.
- Make sure you have BTC selected in the top left of your screen and type in DGB into the search field. The DBG/BTC market will then appear for you to click on.
- The Kucoin trading screen will then appear. Click the hyperlinked best price text to get the best current market price for DGB and enter the amount you wish to spend. You can click the ‘Max’ button to spend all your BTC on Digibyte.
- After you click the green ‘Buy’ button, your order will be executed and you DGB credited to your account.
You have now bought Digibyte. At TotalCrypto we like to be as secure as possible and that means storing DGB on a hardware wallet device. Yes, we rate the Kucoin exchange but we don’t feel like trusting them to keep our Digibyte safe forever. You should know that exchange hacks are reasonably common in cryptocurrency and that customers with funds on hacked exchanges usually don’t get their funds back if there is a security breach.
The Ledger Nano S is the most popular hardware wallet device that supports DGB. Yes, these devices will set you back around $100, however, we think that’s a fair price for peace of mind. Once you have got your Ledger, learn how to set it up correctly by reading our comprehensive guide on how to set up the Ledger Nano S.