If you’re looking for a walkthrough that will show you exactly how to buy Ark, then look no further. Use our detailed step-by-step guide to learn all about purchasing Ark coin.
Good Time to Buy Ark Coin?
Ark is a cryptocurrency that held their initial ICO in November 2016 but didn’t go to trade on markets until the March of 2017. The coin set a goal of 2,000 BTC during its ICO, but fell short, only raising 1,200 BTC. At the time of closing, that was roughly $998,000 USD. During the ICO, the cost per one Ark token was $0.01.
The market for the Ark coin has been volatile, as are many cryptocurrencies. In January of 2017, the Ark token hit its peak, trading at over $9.20. Currently, Ark coin is trading at $0.81. Obviously, this is significantly lower than when the currency hit its peak, but there are many reasons to be excited about Ark.
Why Are People Excited?
- Ark offers a technology that makes it easy to create and deploy blockchains. Additionally, the platform supports a wide variety of programming languages. Just a few examples are Java, Ruby, and Python, although there are many more. This helps to increase the adoption rate for the Ark platform since a wider range of developers can build on it.
- Ark uses a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) mechanism, which establishes a representative democracy for users. Coin holders have the ability to use their stakes (Ark holdings) to nominate a delegate. Delegates then validate transactions which help further protocol development. This is good for future valuation of the coin because it allows for scalability, faster transaction processing, and requires less hardware than other consensus models.
- The SmartBridge mechanism is a connection between proprietary and validated blockchains. This enables communication along with the ability to transmit data between chains. The thinking behind this type of technology is that there won’t be one single blockchain to rule them all. This means Ark isn’t tied to the success or failure of one single blockchain.
- Ark has more than just a handful of use cases. It is applicable in various businesses or industries considering blockchain technology. For instance, one popular use case would be an Ark card. With this card, Ark would drive user adoption by enabling payment without the need for a credit card or bank account. In 2016, there were $2.56 trillion dollars in debit card transactions. If Ark replaces just 5% of this market, it would perform $128 billion worth of transactions.
Ark Coin Prediction
As opposed to looking at the price for Ark coin, let’s instead look at the value investors expect Ark to provide to various industries. With their SmartBridge technology, Ark can offer support to a wide range of companies. For example, Ark has the potential to be a major factor in high-security data environments. This market, valued at $14 billion, is expected to continue to grow and bring in as much as $27 billion in revenue by 2023.
Some argue that Ark stretches itself too thin, however, the platform is dedicated to making improvements and updates to provide a better experience. Here are just a few of the projects on the Ark roadmap for late 2018 and early 2019.
Desktop Wallet v2
Ark plans to provide a new version of its desktop wallet. Users can expect an improved experience, which will include the addition of custom plugins. This allows users to access and view their Ark, change their delegate, and view Ark market information all from a single location.
Ark plans to provide online vendors an open-source library which will give them the ability to take Ark digital currency as a form of payment. This means those that use Ark as a method of payment will have more merchants with which to make purchases and transactions.
Push Button Blockchain
The Ark Deployer GUI will give users the ability to make a clone of Ark. Push-button deployment will link to Ark’s Main Chain and connected through SmartBridge. This means that any startup wanting to fork Ark can easily do so. Not only will this drive growth and adoption, but it makes it simple to quickly deploy a blockchain.
Ark Core v2
Targeting the end of 2018 for completion, Ark’s core node is getting a complete makeover. The code is being rewritten from scratch. This means users will see faster transaction output, quicker processing, better stability, multiple payment transactions, and higher scalability. Users will enjoy a platform that is both secure and capable of mass adoption.
Determining an actual valuation for Ark is a challenge since the platform is so ambitious. As you can see, it has many projects on its plate, and these are just a few of the ones listed on Ark’s roadmap. With its passive ROI, push-button blockchain deployment, and potential for an all-in-one solution, it’s easy to see how Ark can quickly become a coin worth holding.
Where To Buy Ark Coin?
With over 55% of the entire trading volume for Ark coin taking place on the Binance exchange, there is no doubt that this exchange is the most popular place to buy Ark. If you already have Bitcoin or Ethereum you can skip ahead to the Binance exchange section of this article, open up an account and get your coins in minutes.
However, if you’re new to crypto markets you will need to buy some Bitcoin or Ethereum first. Our top place to do this is Coinbase. It’s a fully regulated exchange that allows bank card deposits and is commonly talked about as being the most user-friendly exchange out there. Over 25 million users already call Coinbase their home. So, if you’re creating an account there to enter crypto markets, you’re in very good company.
Setting Up A Coinbase Account
- The Most Popular Method To Get Into Crypto: Over 25 million people already use the exchange.
- Regulated: Coinbase has not taken any shortcuts and is fully compliant with regulations.
- Deposit Fiat Currency: The exchange is one of the few that accepts deposits in USD, EUR or GBP. Fund your account with a bank card or bank transfer.
- Crypto Selection: Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic or BAT on the exchange.
- Beginner Friendly: The exchange has invested heavily to make buying crypto as simple as possible.
Get Started On Buying Ark Coin With Coinbase. Sign Up Though TotalCrypto & Get $10 Free If You Spend More Than $100.
We know setting up a Coinbase account can be confusing. That’s why we have written a detailed article showing you all the steps.
How To Buy On Coinbase?
Once you have set up your Coinbase account, the next step is to buy some Bitcoin or Ethereum to allow you to buy Ark coin on the Binance exchange. Just follow our step by step guide and you will have your cryptocurrency in no time.
- Make sure you’re logged into your account and hit the ‘Buy/Sell’ button at the top of the screen.
- A screen will come up telling you to ‘Add a Payment Method’. Press that button.
- Choose your deposit method: What you need to know is that the cheapest way of depositing on Coinbase is by using a bank transfer. The downside is that the transfer can take as long as five working days to go through. If time is of the essence, you can deposit instantly using PayPal or bank card. However, you’ll pay 3.99% in fees for the convenience.
- Once your deposit has hit your Coinbase account, the next task is buying some Bitcoin or Ethereum. To do this, press the ‘Buy/Sell’ button and select the cryptocurrency you want to buy.
- Key in the amount of money you wish to spend on the cryptocurrency and choose the wallet you have funds in as the payment method.
- Finally, double check that your order is correct and click the ‘Confirm’ button. Your order will then be processed and your crypto will be instantly credited to your Coinbase account.
You should know that there is a slightly cheaper way to buy cryptocurrency with Coinbase. The downside is that you’ll have to jump through another hoop. We show you in a separate article how to use Coinbase Pro (formerly GDAX) to reduce your fees a bit further.
Set up An Ark Wallet
It’s a good idea to have your Ark wallet set up before you create your Binance account. The reason is that it’s always recommended that investors never store their coins on an exchange. If you’re new to the crypto space, you need to know that there have been many exchange hacks in the past and you can never be sure exactly what happens behind closed doors at any exchange. Yes, this may sound paranoid, however, if you read our article on the MT GOX hack (once the worlds biggest crypto exchange), we are sure you’ll start to understand the reasoning behind this logic.
What’s our pick for the best Ark wallet? Well, we don’t think you can go wrong with the official Ark wallet made by the team themselves.
Store Your Ark Coins In The Offical Wallet.
Creating A Binance Account
Binance is commonly known as the home of altcoin investors. This is because they have the highest trading volume for any exchange out there and a massive selection of different cryptocurrencies, making it a top choice amongst the crypto community. The TotalCrypto team actually use Binance themselves to buy their cryptocurrency. When it comes to crypto exchanges to buy Ark coin, we don’t think you need to look any further.
- The Top Choice For Crypto Investors: Binance is the most popular altcoin exchange out there.
- Beginner Friendly: A simple layout makes the exchange relatively easy to use.
- Mobile Support: The exchange offers both iOS & Android apps. Trade anywhere.
- Deposit Method: Cryptocurrency only.
- Big Choice Of Coins: Get access to over 100 different cryptocurrencies on the exchange.
Buy Ark Coin On The World’s Most Popular Exchange.
Creating cryptocurrency exchange accounts can be tricky. Our Binance exchange setup guide shows you all the steps.
How To Get Your Money From Coinbase To Binance?
Now your Binance account is all ready to go, the next step is to deposit your Bitcoin or Ethereum on the exchange. To do this, you will need to transfer your cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Binance. We show you how to do this in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Find Your Deposit Address For Binance
- Make sure you’re logged into your Binance account, then select the ‘Funds’ button from the top of your screen and click ‘Deposits’.
- Super Important: If you send Bitcoin to an Ethereum address or Ethereum to a Bitcoin address, then you could lose your funds forever. Make sure you select Bitcoin if you have Bitcoin or Ethereum if you hold ETH.
- Your Binance deposit address will then be shown. Just copy this address to use on Coinbase later.
Step 2: Sending From Coinbase To Binance
- Once you’re logged into Coinbase select the ‘Accounts’ button.
- Find the cryptocurrency you own and click the ‘send’ button.
- A form will come up to make a cryptocurrency transfer. Paste your Binance deposit address in the box titled ‘Recipient’. Then enter the amount of crypto you want to send to Binance.
- Once you click ‘Continue’ your transaction will be processed and your funds will be deposited on Binance.
How To Buy Ark Coin On Binance?
Once your Bitcoin or Ethereum deposit has hit your Binance account, you will then be ready to finally buy Ark coin. Just follow our walkthrough and you’ll have your coins in just a few minutes.
- Once you’re logged into Binance, go to the homepage. You will then see a choice of different markets. The first thing to do is find the right trading pair. Select ‘ETH markets’ if you deposited Ethereum or ‘BTC Markets’ if you have Bitcoin. Next, search ARK in the search bar. This will bring up the correct market for you. Clicking on ARK/BTC or ARK/ETH will then take you to the Binance trading screen.
- When you open up the Biance trading panel it will look quite complicated. However, all you need to do is to select the ‘Market’ button (this allows you to buy Ark coins at the current market price). Then just enter the number of coins you want to buy. You also have the option to use a certain percentage of your Binance balance to buy coins. To use this feature just click the percentage buttons.
- Press the ‘Buy ARK’ button and your order will be executed. Your new Ark coins will then be instantly credited to your Binance balance.
How To Send Ark Coin To The Official Ark Wallet?
Congratulations on getting your hands on Ark coin. The last thing you need to consider is whether you store your coins on Binance or take them off the exchange. We recommend withdrawing your coins from the exchange. After all, Binance is the largest exchange which means it’s the biggest target for hackers. Withdrawing your coins from the exchange also means that you are in control of your crypto and are not dependent on the security measures put in place by Binance.
Ultimately, it’s your call. However, if you would like to send your Ark to your Ark wallet then this is how to do it:
- Go into your Ark wallet and copy your public address.
- When logged into your Binance account, click ‘Funds’ at the top of your screen. In the drop-down you will see ‘Withdrawals’. Click it.
- Click on the cryptocurrency box at the top of the screen and a drop down will appear, showing you all the coins listed on Binance. Select Ark coin. In the withdrawal form, you will see a box called ‘ARK Withdrawal Address’. Enter your public address for your Ark wallet here and key in the number of coins you want to withdraw. Your funds will then be sent to your wallet once you hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Ark is a very ambitious cryptocurrency and undergoes updates and improvements as a way to increase their user adoption. The projects have a great deal of upside as they offer unique solutions and quality experiences to those holding Ark coin. Ark’s SmartBridge technology puts consumer adoption at the top of its list, which makes it a potentially great long-term investment.
Ark does have it’s drawbacks though. At this time, the coin has limited use and limited partnerships, but that could all change soon. Additionally, with the ambition the Ark team displays, there are arguments that the platform takes on too much at a time. Perhaps a more focused team would provide an even great product.
Ultimately, the decision to invest in Ark lies with you. There are numerous benefits to holding Ark cryptocurrency. If the coin gains the adoption rate it aims for, you’ll be glad you did.[ratings]